Thursday 30th March, 9:00 am to 11:30 am at Dorking Halls, Dorking, Surrey
The highly topical subject of how to manage the impact of menopause in the workplace will be covered in this free seminar we are running in close collaboration with Sherrards Law.
A 2021 survey found that one in five menopausal women passed on the chance of a promotion that they would have otherwise considered, 19 per cent reduced their working hours and 12 per cent resigned. With six in 10 women saying their menopause symptoms have a negative impact on their work, it is vital for organisations to support employees through every stage of menopause. In menopause-friendly workplaces, good menopause care has a direct and indirect impact on workforce retention, productivity, presenteeism and absenteeism.
Another survey, this time from ACAS, found that a third of employers do not feel well-equipped to support women going through menopause. This seminar will provide you with advice on:
- Recognising the symptoms of menopause
- The medical management of menopause
- What every employer should do to be menopause friendly
- How menopause can affect your employees in their role
- The role of occupational health in supporting employees with menopause
- Understanding your responsibilities as an employer and how to avoid common mistakes
- Case studies
- Understanding how your workplace can create a menopause action plan
- What other organisations have done to become Accredited Menopause Friendly workplaces
- Legal aspects.
The seminar will be presented by two Medwyn Occupational Health doctors – Dr Stewart Tomlinson, Medical Director and Dr Louise Tomei. Lorraine Sherrard will be taking you through some of the HR areas that you should consider as a menopause-friendly employer and Harry Sherrard will cover all legal aspects.
Once you have booked your ticket, we will send you full details of the event nearer to the date. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you at Dorking Halls.